Thursday, November 1, 2007

Potato Pancakes

Yeah I don't have pictures because my camera is broken and I don't have the funds to purchase a new one yet.

So last night I made potato pancakes.

Ingredients:
3 small potatoes (I used yukon gold) - shredded
1/2 small onion - chopped finely
1 egg
1/4 cup pancake mix
1 tablespoon of sour cream (I used low-fat I don't recommend consistency not that great)
parsley (I used a couple shakes of the dried stuff)
salt
pepper
oil

Peel and shred you potatoes set aside (I have a small handheld grated that I now loathe). Drain the water from the potatoes and press in a cheese cloth to remove as much water as you can.
Chop onion. As fine as you can. Put onions in a bowl with the potatoes.
In a frying pan add a liberal amount of oil heat on meduim.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir like crazy. Combining the eggs well.

Salt and pepper to taste of course. Remember to salt your mixture now because its hard to properly season potatoes after the fact.

Once your oil is very hot. I used 1/4 cup measuring thing to ration out the mixture into the oil and flattening with a spatula. Turn once when the side is brown. When other side is brown. Drain on napkin.

1 comment:

Naught said...

Since there are no pics, the least you could do is share the leftovers!!!