Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sloppy Joe

Well I had sloppy oes for dinner on July 27th, so I am a bit late on the post. I must say that I made some concessions with the meal because I was seriously lazy. First off, I used bread because I was not going to buy buns. Secondly, I remember having corn with this meal. If I wasn't going to buy buns there was no way I was going to buy corn. So instead I had broccoli, I love broccoli. I was a little disappointed with the broccoli presentation wise as it was mostly stems. Oh well.

So lets see if I can remember what i did. I can make ant recipe complicated.

1 lb. of 85% lean ground beef (good choice)
4 oz. can of tomato paste (why buy sauce when you can make it yourself)
2 cups of vegetable broth
1/2 medium onion
red, green, and yellow bell peppers (I buy them frozen)
1/2 clove or garlic
couple turns of olive oil (extra virgin of course)
1/2 teaspoon of chicken grill seasoning (I didn't have steak seasoning)
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 1/2 tablespoons of dijon mustard (a tad bit to much - a little shy of 1 tablespoon would have been fine)
about 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (a liitle over)
about 1 tablespoon of white vinegar(a little under)
a pour or red wine
3 tablespoons Worcestershire's sauce(roughly)
sea salt (enough to taste - tomato paste is unsalted)
pepper
oregano
Mrs. Dash Spicy (mainly red pepper flakes)

Ok those were the ingredients.

cook ground beef - olive oil, onion, bell peppers, paprika, grill seasoning, salt, pepper. Drain. Combine with other ingredients. Simmer 20 minutes.

I cooked the broccoli in a little water. Drained. Plated with a little butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.



Pretty tasty.

No comments: